Tesco Bags of Help Grants now permanently open for Applications
Tesco Bags of Help grant scheme is now permanently open for applications and the criteria are now wider.
The main changes to the programme from 1st Dec 2016 are:
- The programme will be ‘Always On’ and 3 x projects will be available for customers to vote upon each month.
- The outcome of the programme is to support and promote community participation in the development and use of outdoor space which can now include revenue activities on the space as well as capital works.
- There are no restrictions regarding match funding.
- Applicants will be asked to apply for a minimum of £2,000 up to a maximum £5,000 and the winning project from the public vote will receive the full amount they have applied for (maximum £5,000). The project that is placed 2nd will receive a maximum of £2,000 and the third will receive a maximum of £1,000
Jane Halladay from Groundwork North East & West Yorkshire is the contact for groups in Kirklees – contact her on 0113 238 0601 / 07827 878208 / email: email@example.com
Projects can include volunteer training, physical improvements of open spaces, equipment purchases, community events and sports and leisure activities. Projects that would typically receive funding include (but are not limited to):
- Developing nature trail in a local park or nature reserve
- Purchasing bee hives and seeding wildflower meadow on a community allotment
- Providing forest school sessions in a primary school for 12 months
- Developing a garden in a hospice, purchasing plants, benches and pergola
- Supporting artist in residence to work with the community to develop an art trail.
- Setting up a growing project for sheltered accommodation residents
- Supporting a gardening project which helps local isolated residents form a gardening club
- Supporting practical training for young people learning horticultural skills
- Funding a series of summer events in a local park
- Funding a programme of beach clean up events
- Repainting swings and play equipment in a park
- Supporting community run summer sports and leisure activities in parks.
- Helping to set up Britain in Bloom local group, purchasing plants, planters, forks, spades and compost.
- Developing a community garden or orchard
- Supporting local football club with the purchase of nets, balls and coaching sessions for under 12’s
Following a public vote, three projects in each of the Tesco store cluster regions will receive a grant each month, with first place receiving up to £5K, second place up to £2K and third place up to £1K.
Apply by following the link below and the online eligibility checker and full application form etc. are then accessed via the ‘Community Groups’ tab:
On the Groundwork UK website you can find out more about the schemeVisit Site