Our greenspaces are a tremendous asset to the local area. They are home to our wildlife and provide play and recreational space for our communities. We want to make much better use of these and improve how we look after them. We need your help to do this.
A new working relationship
We are looking for individuals and local groups who have a passion for their greenspace. Working together with Kirklees Council, other voluntary organisations and businesses we need you to help us preserve and shape how these areas might work and look in the future.
To check if your local site is included in the Natural Kirklees – Greenspaces project please use the map below to view all the green spaces currently identified in Kirklees.
Many of these have not yet been adopted by a community group and need your support. Our aim is to have every green space identified, monitored and supported.
If you can help with this then please Contact Us with more information to have it included.
Parks & Greenspaces in Kirklees
Do you have a skill, an idea or would like to get mucky? We want to hear from you.
You can get in touch by using our Contact page or phoning one of the four Volunteer Coordinators. Coordinators cover a specific area of Kirklees. They are here to support and advise groups and individuals who have an idea or interest in a local greenspace.
- Kirklees Rural, Andy Wickham, email@example.com, 07773 386 550
- Huddersfield, Andy Goff firstname.lastname@example.org, 07964 134 645
- Batley + Spen, Patrick Crowley, Patrick.email@example.com, 07581 196 179
- Dewsbury + Mirfield, Andy Goff firstname.lastname@example.org, 07964 134 645
What we offer:
- Coordination with existing groups and Kirklees Council to make it easier to achieve your objective
- Free insurance – to a limited number of groups who register with our group directory
- Tool bank – we are also able to offer access to a free tool share scheme for any group that has registered with our group directory