NATURAL KIRKLEES INSURANCE SCHEME
The Insurance scheme is now live, we have completed negotiations with the brokers and have agreed a suitable level of cover as detailed below;
The policy will provide cover for conservation activities such as but not limited to;
- Litter picking
- Removal of larger items of rubbish from water courses using grappling hooks
- Wading in water up to 1 meter deep
- Working from small boats and canoes
- Wildlife surveys
- Removal of invasive plant species by hand pulling (e.g. Himalayan Balsam)
- Vegetation management using hand tools
- Tree planting
- Path clearance and maintenance
- Tree and bulb planting
- Meadow and scrub management
- Building and installing bird/bat boxes
- Pond management
- Coppicing, tree cutting and pollarding (tree felling – trunk diameter no more than 15cm)
- Using hand tools – loppers, bow-saws, billhooks
- Using strimmers and powered hedge cutters (NOT CHAINSAWS)
- Painting tasks
- Boardwalk maintenance
- Guided walks
- Events (less than 500 people)
Level of Cover;
- Employers liability £10,000,000
- Public liability £5,000,000
- Personal accident – benefit provided
- Accidental death £20,000
- Accidental loss of one limb or eye £12,000
- Permanent total disablement £20,000
- Temporary total disablement Up to £50 / week
- Temporary partial disablement 50% of normal salary
The following additional cover is available if required but must be paid for by the individual group.
- Chainsaw cover (individual – a copy of the appropriate licence must be produced) £55 per person
- Tool and equipment cover – £5000 cover, £50 excess, £2500 max single item – £43.80
To apply for the cover the group must be signed up to the database on the Natural Kirklees website and agree to receive the Newsletter.
An application form must be completed and submitted to the brokers for approval.
Any queries must be sorted directly with the broker and a policy document will be sent directly to the group. The cost of the basic policy will be met by Natural
Kirklees, any additional cover must be negotiated directly with the brokers and paid for by the group themselves.
The cost for the extra cover will be invoiced to the group by Natural Kirklees and must be paid by the group directly to Natural Kirklees.
Please note that the insurance scheme runs from the 22nd September each year for one year, groups joining after that date will receive pro-rata cover until renewal in September the following year and any extra cover arranged will be charged on a pro-rata basis until renewal.
Groups wishing to renew in September will receive a full 12 months cover from that date.
Request Application Form
If you have any questions about the scheme please contact me: email@example.com
If you have any questions about the Insurance cover and extra cover please contact the brokers directly firstname.lastname@example.org