The group undertakes works to improve the environment and amenity value of Milnsbridge e.g making a riverside walk; advances the appreciation of Milnsbridge by the public as a desirable area in which to live and work; and campaigns for resources to be spent in Milnsbridge by public and private bodies e.g securing funding for a […]Read more
To Find A GroupTo find a group simply click on an appropriate Category in the list below or a location in the right sidebar.
To Apply for MembershipGroups can apply for membership and on acceptance be added to the Directory for Free and can get involved in shaping the future of the Natural environment in Kirklees through partnerships with other groups. Click here to Become a Member.
- a free public liability insurance scheme for full members;
- the ability to borrow tools from our two tool stores for all members;
- a frequent newsletter with information about funding, good news, training and other useful articles to help your group.
- quarterly meetings to share information, knowledge and resources with similar groups all across Kirklees.
Browse Interest Groups
- Batley (Batley East, Batley West)
- Birstall and Birkenshaw (Birstall, Birkenshaw)
- Colne Valley (Colne Valley, Golcar)
- Denby Dale (Denby Dale)
- Dewsbury (Dewsbury East, Dewsbury South, Dewsbury West)
- Holme Valley (Holme Valley North, Holme Valley South)
- Huddersfield North (Ashbrow, Greenhead and Lindley)
- Huddersfield South (Almondbury, Crosland Moor & Netherton, Dalton & Newsome)
- Spen Valley (Cleckheaton, Heckmondwike and Liversedge & Gomersal)
Become a member
Please complete this form to submit your group details to our online member directory. Become a member
Mirfield in Bloom is a community group dedicated to making Mirfield a nice place to live by involving as many people as possible. It isn’t just about flowers. It is pulling the community together to make our townsfolk love where they live. They’ve greened grey spaces, made neighbours into friends and encouraged communities from small […]Read more
We are a not for profit social enterprise specialising in Forest School, outdoor learning, and using natural spaces to promote well being and develop skills for learning and life. We utilise local green spaces and are focussed on making a difference to our local community.Read more
Welcome to a vegetable, fruit garden, wildlife area with shelter and pond to work, relax or play in.Read more
To enable people who live and work in the Newsome Ward to come together, share information and support each other. To enable people to influence decision making in their own areas, and to be able to work together for the benefit of their communities.One of the things we do is oversee maintenance of Hey Green […]Read more
As an organization we work on our site in Honley to maintain and preserve the woodland. While always looking to enhance the woodland to provide additional habitats for the natural world. Everybody is welcome to come and enjoy the woodland and get involved in supporting the natural world.Read more
A Facebook group for like-minded players of the mobile phone game Pokémon Go.Read more
A voluntary community group created to ‘make Linthwaite a better place to live’.Read more
We meet weekly to carry out different tasks around the location of Ravensthorpe.This can include litter picking, gardening and managing woodland areas.Read more
We are a mountain bike advocacy group, who aim to develop a network of off-road cycling trails and carry out bridleway maintenance. We are a group made up of riders with a variety of skills including environmental conservation and construction. We champion the Be Nice Say Hi campaign as well as the ‘Trash free trails’ […]Read more