To protect, preserve, maintain and enjoy the woodlands that can be found between Netherton, Armitage Bridge and Magdale. We believe that open woodlands are a vital part of the character of the area in which we live: a place for wildlife and biodiversity, a place for human relaxation and contemplation, and a small part of […]Read more
To Find A GroupTo find a group simply click on an appropriate Category in the list below or a location in the right sidebar.
To Apply for MembershipGroups can apply for membership and on acceptance be added to the Directory for Free and can get involved in shaping the future of the Natural environment in Kirklees through partnerships with other groups. Click here to Become a Member.
- a free public liability insurance scheme for full members;
- the ability to borrow tools from our two tool stores for all members;
- a frequent newsletter with information about funding, good news, training and other useful articles to help your group.
- quarterly meetings to share information, knowledge and resources with similar groups all across Kirklees.
Browse Interest Groups
- Batley (Batley East, Batley West)
- Birstall and Birkenshaw (Birstall, Birkenshaw)
- Colne Valley (Colne Valley, Golcar)
- Denby Dale (Denby Dale)
- Dewsbury (Dewsbury East, Dewsbury South, Dewsbury West)
- Holme Valley (Holme Valley North, Holme Valley South)
- Huddersfield North (Ashbrow, Greenhead and Lindley)
- Huddersfield South (Almondbury, Crosland Moor & Netherton, Dalton & Newsome)
- Spen Valley (Cleckheaton, Heckmondwike and Liversedge & Gomersal)
Become a member
Please complete this form to submit your group details to our online member directory. Become a member
Keeping Marsden Park in the public eye, in conjunction with Natural Kirklees. Encouraging the community to use our ‘pocket park’ and enjoy the green space in our village.Read more
A voluntary group helping to take care and look after the park for the community and for wildlife to enjoy. We have regular work days in park to pick litter, plant wildflowers, maintain facilities like benches and bins, improve biodiversity by the stream and create wildlife habitats. We also organise and run sports, wellbeing, food, […]Read more
Our mission is to improve Outlane Village and the surrounding area for the good of all those who live, work, visit and pass throughRead more
Our aim is to preserve and enhance Hob End, Longwood Edge and Ballroyd Clough as a community resource and promote their use by local people as a place of quiet enjoyment of the countryside.Read more
We represent all user groups and our aim is to ensure that the lane can be repaired/maintained so that it remains open long-term to all.Read more
To work with Kirklees to keep Rectory Park open,tidy and accessible to the residents of Thornhill. To hold an annual Gala and dog show.Read more
To maintain and improve Scholes Recreation Ground with the help of local residents.Read more
Friends of Shepley and Shelley is a non-political group. We take an active role in developing and improving facilities for all age groups within the village. Our aim is to restore and protect our fantastic history for future generations. The Trust is necessary to raise funds for existing and future projects within the village and […]Read more
In collaboration with Kirklees Council and Natural Kirklees to reinstate, maintain and enhance the public amenities of the park as a place for quiet relaxation for residents and visitors of all ages. To organise occasional public gala-type events and to promote the use of the park by other appropriate organisations.Read more