The regeneration of activity of all types in Dewsbury and the North Kirklees area with the intention of improving the quality of life, the economic potential and the quality of the environment.Read more
To Find A GroupTo find a group simply click on an appropriate Category in the list below or a location in the right sidebar.
To Apply for MembershipGroups can apply for membership and on acceptance be added to the Directory for Free and can get involved in shaping the future of the Natural environment in Kirklees through partnerships with other groups. Click here to Become a Member.
- a free public liability insurance scheme for full members;
- the ability to borrow tools from our two tool stores for all members;
- a frequent newsletter with information about funding, good news, training and other useful articles to help your group.
- quarterly meetings to share information, knowledge and resources with similar groups all across Kirklees.
Browse Interest Groups
- Batley (Batley East, Batley West)
- Birstall and Birkenshaw (Birstall, Birkenshaw)
- Colne Valley (Colne Valley, Golcar)
- Denby Dale (Denby Dale)
- Dewsbury (Dewsbury East, Dewsbury South, Dewsbury West)
- Holme Valley (Holme Valley North, Holme Valley South)
- Huddersfield North (Ashbrow, Greenhead and Lindley)
- Huddersfield South (Almondbury, Crosland Moor & Netherton, Dalton & Newsome)
- Spen Valley (Cleckheaton, Heckmondwike and Liversedge & Gomersal)
Become a member
Please complete this form to submit your group details to our online member directory. Become a member
To preserve the beauty of the village of East Bierley to Green Flasg Community standard. To maintain the green belt around the village. To maintain a committee to uphold the above.Read more
EcoHolmes CLT is a community-led housing organisation based in the Holme Valley, planning to provide affordable low-energy homes for local people in need – for rent and/or shared ownership – by acquiring land and holding it as a community asset in perpetuity. EcoHolmes also recognises that homes for the future in a climate changed world […]Read more
We are a village resident group with the aim to create better social & environmental well being in our rural area across all age groups. This includes book lending, cafe, film nights, chair yoga, youth club, litter picks, flower planters and footpath clearing and gardening projects.Read more
Emley First School PTA is a group of parents, grandparents, care givers and teachers who try to improve life for the pupils at Emley First School by raising money for new equipment and trips alongside community events.Read more
Experience Community is a charity and not-for-profit organisation that helps physically disabled people access the outdoors through organising regular inclusive walking and cycling activities. They work in partnership with landowners to develop suitable routes for disabled people and then make short films about them to provide relevant information for the target audience. They also have […]Read more
Monthly meetings for the village residents and quarterly news letter to raise funds, arrange social events, review local matters etcRead more
Friends of Beaumont Park work in partnership with Kirklees Council to promote the regeneration of the park providing a positive, rewarding experience for all the community.Read more
A charity group of local residents who will take over, develop and run Bradley Park in Huddersfield for the benefit of the community.Read more
Friends of Caulms Wood want to improve the site and make it more user friendly and tidier. We want to create an outdoor classroom for local school children to use for learning about nature and the environment. Friends of Caulms Wood utilise the Kirklees Volunteer Groups – such as Tranformers North – to support the […]Read more