A community association and registered charity for Cumberworth residents run by volunteersRead more
To Find A GroupTo find a group simply click on an appropriate Category in the list below or a location in the right sidebar.
To Apply for MembershipGroups can apply for membership and on acceptance be added to the Directory (membership is free) and can get involved in shaping the future of the Natural environment in Kirklees through partnerships with other groups. It is recommended that you have a formal constitution and this is a necessity should you wish to take advantage of our free public liability insurance offering. Click here to Become a Member.
- a free public liability insurance scheme for full members;
- the ability to borrow tools from our two tool stores for all members;
- a frequent newsletter with information about funding, good news, training and other useful articles to help your group.
- quarterly meetings to share information, knowledge and resources with similar groups all across Kirklees.
Browse Interest Groups
- Batley (Batley East, Batley West)
- Birstall and Birkenshaw (Birstall, Birkenshaw)
- Cleckheaton & Heckmondwike
- Colne Valley (Colne Valley, Golcar)
- Denby Dale (Denby Dale)
- Dewsbury (Dewsbury East, Dewsbury South, Dewsbury West)
- Holme Valley (Holme Valley North, Holme Valley South)
- Huddersfield North (Ashbrow, Greenhead and Lindley)
- Huddersfield South (Almondbury, Crosland Moor & Netherton, Dalton & Newsome)
- Liversedge & Gomersal
Become a member
Please complete this form to apply for membership of Natural Kirklees. Become a member
A community action group who over the last two weekends have cleared Cumberworth Road Skelmanthorpe of weeds and made Ponker Lane saferRead more
Denby Dale Parish Countryside Project covers an area of approximately 50 square kilometres in the South East of Kirklees District. The project has the aims of conserving, enhancing and promoting environmental quality, recreational opportunity and ecological sustainability throughout Denby Dale Parish.Read more
We are a group of volunteers, supported by the Denby Dale Countryside Officer, who aim to promote walking in and around Denby Dale. We have produced 18 walk leaflets (on our website, with printed copies also available) and help to maintain local PRoWs. We are affiliated to the national WaW body.Read more
The regeneration of activity of all types in Dewsbury and the North Kirklees area with the intention of improving the quality of life, the economic potential and the quality of the environment.Read more
We are the DIGS Accommodation site based in Kirkburton, Storthes Hall Park. Our students are extremely eco conscious and keen to do litter picks to help our local community as well as benefit from getting out and about improving their health and wellbeing.Read more
Don Catchment Rivers Trust has been established to help protect and restore the rivers in the River Don catchment area, this includes not just the River Don but also the River Dearne, River Rother and other rivers such as the Sheaf, Went, Ea Beck and many others. Our rivers are a valuable asset which tell […]Read more
The Don, Dearne & Rother Network is the name of the catchment partnership for the Don catchment. We are a network of organisations working together towards the ‘catchment based approach’ and our vision is for “Healthy, Resilient Rivers for Nature and People”.Read more
To preserve the beauty of the village of East Bierley to Green Flasg Community standard. To maintain the green belt around the village. To maintain a committee to uphold the above.Read more