Allotment holders association on the Churchfield, Denby Dale. New environmentally friendly growing space.Read more
To Find A GroupTo find a group simply click on an appropriate Category in the list below or a location in the right sidebar.
To Apply for MembershipGroups can apply for membership and on acceptance be added to the Directory for Free and can get involved in shaping the future of the Natural environment in Kirklees through partnerships with other groups. Click here to Become a Member.
- a free public liability insurance scheme for full members;
- the ability to borrow tools from our two tool stores for all members;
- a frequent newsletter with information about funding, good news, training and other useful articles to help your group.
- quarterly meetings to share information, knowledge and resources with similar groups all across Kirklees.
Browse Interest Groups
- Batley (Batley East, Batley West)
- Birstall and Birkenshaw (Birstall, Birkenshaw)
- Colne Valley (Colne Valley, Golcar)
- Denby Dale (Denby Dale)
- Dewsbury (Dewsbury East, Dewsbury South, Dewsbury West)
- Holme Valley (Holme Valley North, Holme Valley South)
- Huddersfield North (Ashbrow, Greenhead and Lindley)
- Huddersfield South (Almondbury, Crosland Moor & Netherton, Dalton & Newsome)
- Spen Valley (Cleckheaton, Heckmondwike and Liversedge & Gomersal)
Become a member
Please complete this form to submit your group details to our online member directory. Become a member
Kaye’s Millennium Green is 4.27 hectares of traditional parkland in Clayton West. The Green has many mature parkland trees whose character is maintained by the browsing of the cattle who graze there in the summer. It is crossed by the well-used Kirklees Way and is a favourite dog walk and popular recreation ground for people […]Read more
Clem’s Garden CIC is a volunteer-run social enterprise growing and selling eco-flowers (without the use of any chemical pesticides or fertilizers and using organic seed/potting compost and green waste garden compost) offering a greener alternative to much of the cut flower stock available on the high street. After covering costs, we donate all profits to […]Read more
Woodland management and habitat creation. Footpath and dry stone wall maintenance. Creation/management of Picnic and Play areaRead more
To encourage the creation of new woodland through the planting of trees in the Colne Valley area (defined as an area to the west of Huddersfield and lying between the County Boundary at Standedge and the railway viaduct at Longroyd Bridge).Read more
A community action group who over the last two weekends have cleared Cumberworth Road Skelmanthorpe of weeds and made Ponker Lane saferRead more
Denby Dale Parish Countryside Project covers an area of approximately 50 square kilometres in the South East of Kirklees District. The project has the aims of conserving, enhancing and promoting environmental quality, recreational opportunity and ecological sustainability throughout Denby Dale Parish.Read more
We are a group of volunteers, supported by the Denby Dale Countryside Officer, who aim to promote walking in and around Denby Dale. We have produced 18 walk leaflets (on our website, with printed copies also available) and help to maintain local PRoWs. We are affiliated to the national WaW body.Read more
The regeneration of activity of all types in Dewsbury and the North Kirklees area with the intention of improving the quality of life, the economic potential and the quality of the environment.Read more