Develop and maintain gardens, baskets, barrier planters in and around Birstall village.Read more
To Find A GroupTo find a group simply click on an appropriate Category in the list below or a location in the right sidebar.
To Apply for MembershipGroups can apply for membership and on acceptance be added to the Directory (membership is free) and can get involved in shaping the future of the Natural environment in Kirklees through partnerships with other groups. It is recommended that you have a formal constitution and this is a necessity should you wish to take advantage of our free public liability insurance offering. Click here to Become a Member.
- a free public liability insurance scheme for full members;
- the ability to borrow tools from our two tool stores for all members;
- a frequent newsletter with information about funding, good news, training and other useful articles to help your group.
- quarterly meetings to share information, knowledge and resources with similar groups all across Kirklees.
Browse Interest Groups
- Batley (Batley East, Batley West)
- Birstall and Birkenshaw (Birstall, Birkenshaw)
- Cleckheaton & Heckmondwike
- Colne Valley (Colne Valley, Golcar)
- Denby Dale (Denby Dale)
- Dewsbury (Dewsbury East, Dewsbury South, Dewsbury West)
- Holme Valley (Holme Valley North, Holme Valley South)
- Huddersfield North (Ashbrow, Greenhead and Lindley)
- Huddersfield South (Almondbury, Crosland Moor & Netherton, Dalton & Newsome)
- Liversedge & Gomersal
Become a member
Please complete this form to apply for membership of Natural Kirklees. Become a member
Volunteers living on the Bromley Park development look after the green open spaces on the development and have done so for the last several years. The development self funds from donations from the residentsRead more
BEG works in the Kirkburton / Highburton Area. It has received various grants to enable it to improve the environment of the local area. BEG work is mainly based at Burton Dean Park (including a Petanque site), Town Quarry community trails and Geology site, Burton Fields Community Trim Trail (including Exercise Stations) and the Memorial […]Read more
Allotment holders association on the Churchfield, Denby Dale. New environmentally friendly growing space.Read more
Kaye’s Millennium Green is 4.27 hectares of traditional parkland in Clayton West. The Green has many mature parkland trees whose character is maintained by the browsing of the cattle who graze there in the summer. It is crossed by the well-used Kirklees Way and is a favourite dog walk and popular recreation ground for people […]Read more
Cleckheaton in Bloom is a voluntary group that was set up in July 2021. It was established in order to help make Cleckheaton a more attractive place for residents, shoppers, visitors, retailers, businesses and to draw new retailers, businesses, families and shoppers to the town. The aims of the group are to enhance and improve […]Read more
Clem’s Garden CIC is a volunteer-run social enterprise growing and selling eco-flowers (without the use of any chemical pesticides or fertilizers and using organic seed/potting compost and green waste garden compost) offering a greener alternative to much of the cut flower stock available on the high street. After covering costs, we donate all profits to […]Read more
Woodland management and habitat creation. Footpath and dry stone wall maintenance. Creation/management of Picnic and Play areaRead more
To encourage the creation of new woodland through the planting of trees in the Colne Valley area (defined as an area to the west of Huddersfield and lying between the County Boundary at Standedge and the railway viaduct at Longroyd Bridge).Read more
1. To develop a green space which is accessible and inclusive to all, where they can meet and feel proud about the space and therefore take care of it. 2. To develop a space where individuals and families (and dogs) can play, exercise and meet to feel connected. 3. To create an environment which balances […]Read more