Maintaining local environmental areas, monthly meetings to plan work mornings and new projects. Attending local meetings to monitor environmental issues. Grant applications.Read more
To Find A GroupTo find a group simply click on an appropriate Category in the list below or a location in the right sidebar.
To Add A GroupGroups can sign up to the Directory for Free and can get involved in shaping the future of the Natural environment in Kirklees through partnerships with other groups. Click here to Add Your Group.
BenefitsOther benefits include:
- access to a free insurance scheme plus;
- access to a tool share scheme plus;
- a monthly newsletter with lots of information about funding, good news, training and other useful articles to help your group.
- the ability to share information, knowledge and resources with similar groups all across Kirklees.
Browse Interest Groups
- Batley (Batley East, Batley West)
- Birstall and Birkenshaw (Birstall, Birkenshaw)
- Colne Valley (Colne Valley, Golcar)
- Denby Dale (Denby Dale)
- Dewsbury (Dewsbury East, Dewsbury South, Dewsbury West)
- Holme Valley (Holme Valley North, Holme Valley South)
- Huddersfield North (Ashbrow, Greenhead and Lindley)
- Huddersfield South (Almondbury, Crosland Moor & Netherton, Dalton & Newsome)
- Kirkburton (Kirkburton)
- Mirfield (Mirfield)
- Spen Valley (Cleckheaton, Heckmondwike and Liversedge & Gomersal)
Add your group
Please complete this form to submit your group details to our online directory. Add your group
Registered Charity formed in 1969. The Calder Navigation Society (CNS) was formed in 1969 as an association of Boaters, Ramblers and others who are interested in promoting the use and sympathetic development of the waterways in the Calder Valley. The aims of the Society are: To stimulate public interest and appreciation of the waterways of […]Read more
Allotment holders association on the Churchfield, Denby Dale. New environmentally friendly growing space.Read more
Maintenance of the 4.3 hectare parkland (the Millennium Green) given to the village. Organisation of occasional events. Encouraging diverse wildlife and liaising with local organisations eg school.Read more
We are a chemical-free cut flower social enterprise run mainly by people who are 50+ who don’t have children or grandchildren to nurture.Read more
A centre of excellence in outdoor learning. A Grade II listed Victorian building in 11 acres of mature woodland.Read more
Woodland management and habitat creation. Footpath and dry stone wall maintenance. Creation/management of Picnic and Play areaRead more
An all volunteer registered charity, dedicated to the creation and management of native species woodland in and around the Colne Valley.Read more
UK branch of Congo org founded as apolitical/not-for-profit fostering initiatives that encourage organic farming/environmental healthRead more
A Charity group which focuses on the wellbeing of men in possible situations of isolation. Men work to benefit the local area environment.Read more