We’re the charity making it easier for people to walk and cycle. We own and maintain the Spen Valley Greenway between Dewsbury and Low Moor.Read more
To Find A GroupTo find a group simply click on an appropriate Category in the list below or a location in the right sidebar.
To Apply for MembershipGroups can apply for membership and on acceptance be added to the Directory for Free and can get involved in shaping the future of the Natural environment in Kirklees through partnerships with other groups. It is recommended that you have a formal constitution and this is a necessity should you wish to take advantage of our free public liability offering. Click here to Become a Member.
- a free public liability insurance scheme for full members;
- the ability to borrow tools from our two tool stores for all members;
- a frequent newsletter with information about funding, good news, training and other useful articles to help your group.
- quarterly meetings to share information, knowledge and resources with similar groups all across Kirklees.
Browse Interest Groups
- Batley (Batley East, Batley West)
- Birstall and Birkenshaw (Birstall, Birkenshaw)
- Colne Valley (Colne Valley, Golcar)
- Denby Dale (Denby Dale)
- Dewsbury (Dewsbury East, Dewsbury South, Dewsbury West)
- Holme Valley (Holme Valley North, Holme Valley South)
- Huddersfield North (Ashbrow, Greenhead and Lindley)
- Huddersfield South (Almondbury, Crosland Moor & Netherton, Dalton & Newsome)
- Spen Valley (Cleckheaton, Heckmondwike and Liversedge & Gomersal)
Become a member
Please complete this form to submit your group details to our online member directory. Become a member
The 10 villages conservation group is a practical conservation group which undertakes a task once a month around the Denby Dale parish, led by the countryside officer. A major project is the linking of two communities of Great Crested Newts and we also monitor the River Dearne for pollution, based on riverfly sampling. We also […]Read more
The Don, Dearne & Rother Network is a charity dedicated to improving and restoring the rivers of the Don Catchment, including the Dearne and Rother. We undertake fish passage and river restoration works, as well as running a volunteer programme of conservation days. We are a member organisation of The Rivers Trust.Read more
Care and preservation of shared wild open green spaces and wild areas. Running a support group for local residentsRead more
Management of an area of woodlands near Upper Cumberworth, owned by Wavin UK. Access is open to the public. The management priorities are: Priority 1. Wildlife Conservation: Priority 2. Boundary and Access Improvements: Priority 3. Education and Information. Meetings are held monthly (2nd Tuesday at 7.30pm) in Birdsedge Church Hall. Working parties are generally two […]Read more
Involve local communities in tree planting and improve the local environment while encouraging people to take responsibility for climate change. To work with children in schools, educating our young peopleabout the current environmental crisis.Read more
Wellhouse is a beautiful little hamlet, our scheme is encouraging people to eat what they sow and improving their mental health.Read more
Angling Club – Non Profit – Nature Reserve. Open to the puvlic for wildlife observationsRead more