Shelley Community Association seeks to enhance opportunities, leisure time and environment of village of Shelley for all its residentsRead more
To Find A GroupTo find a group simply click on an appropriate Category in the list below or a location in the right sidebar.
To Apply for MembershipGroups can apply for membership and on acceptance be added to the Directory for Free and can get involved in shaping the future of the Natural environment in Kirklees through partnerships with other groups. Click here to Become a Member.
- a free public liability insurance scheme for full members;
- the ability to borrow tools from our two tool stores for all members;
- a frequent newsletter with information about funding, good news, training and other useful articles to help your group.
- quarterly meetings to share information, knowledge and resources with similar groups all across Kirklees.
Browse Interest Groups
- Batley (Batley East, Batley West)
- Birstall and Birkenshaw (Birstall, Birkenshaw)
- Colne Valley (Colne Valley, Golcar)
- Denby Dale (Denby Dale)
- Dewsbury (Dewsbury East, Dewsbury South, Dewsbury West)
- Holme Valley (Holme Valley North, Holme Valley South)
- Huddersfield North (Ashbrow, Greenhead and Lindley)
- Huddersfield South (Almondbury, Crosland Moor & Netherton, Dalton & Newsome)
- Spen Valley (Cleckheaton, Heckmondwike and Liversedge & Gomersal)
Become a member
Please complete this form to submit your group details to our online member directory. Become a member
To promote landscape and nature conservation and manage sites as community resources for informal recreation and the enjoyment and study of the countryside.Read more
SVCS works to improve the natural & built environment in Spen Valley; to engender civic pride; and to increase residents’ knowledge & appreciation of local heritage. We undertake outdoor projects; comment on planning issues; lobby for preservation of historic sites; and give talks about the Spen Valley.Read more
The Association exists to: to represent the community whose place of residence is Stocksmoor; to promote the interests and well being of the Village community as a whole; to provide a link between different groups in the village; to liaise/consult with relevant authorities / bodies as appropriate on behalf of the community to seek funding […]Read more
Encouraging the use of nature and the outdoors for the improvement of wellbeing in Adults through inspiring workshops ranging from growing groups and allotments to walks, practical conservation tasks, nature crafts, bushcraft, nature Id, upcycling and art. Our facilitators are practiced in engaging the public and providing workshops in all the above areas with a […]Read more
We’re the charity making it easier for people to walk and cycle. We own and maintain the Spen Valley Greenway between Dewsbury and Low Moor.Read more
The 10 villages conservation group is a practical conservation group which undertakes a task once a month around the Denby Dale parish, led by the countryside officer. A major project is the linking of two communities of Great Crested Newts and we also monitor the River Dearne for pollution, based on riverfly sampling. We also […]Read more
The Don, Dearne & Rother Network is a charity dedicated to improving and restoring the rivers of the Don Catchment, including the Dearne and Rother. We undertake fish passage and river restoration works, as well as running a volunteer programme of conservation days. We are a member organisation of The Rivers Trust.Read more
Care and preservation of shared wild open green spaces and wild areas. Running a support group for local residentsRead more