To enable people who live and work in the Newsome Ward to come together, share information and support each other. To enable people to influence decision making in their own areas, and to be able to work together for the benefit of their communities.One of the things we do is oversee maintenance of Hey Green […]Read more
To Find A GroupTo find a group simply click on an appropriate Category in the list below or a location in the right sidebar.
To Apply for MembershipGroups can apply for membership and on acceptance be added to the Directory for Free and can get involved in shaping the future of the Natural environment in Kirklees through partnerships with other groups. Click here to Become a Member.
- a free public liability insurance scheme for full members;
- the ability to borrow tools from our two tool stores for all members;
- a frequent newsletter with information about funding, good news, training and other useful articles to help your group.
- quarterly meetings to share information, knowledge and resources with similar groups all across Kirklees.
Browse Interest Groups
- Batley (Batley East, Batley West)
- Birstall and Birkenshaw (Birstall, Birkenshaw)
- Colne Valley (Colne Valley, Golcar)
- Denby Dale (Denby Dale)
- Dewsbury (Dewsbury East, Dewsbury South, Dewsbury West)
- Holme Valley (Holme Valley North, Holme Valley South)
- Huddersfield North (Ashbrow, Greenhead and Lindley)
- Huddersfield South (Almondbury, Crosland Moor & Netherton, Dalton & Newsome)
- Spen Valley (Cleckheaton, Heckmondwike and Liversedge & Gomersal)
Become a member
Please complete this form to submit your group details to our online member directory. Become a member
As an organization we work on our site in Honley to maintain and preserve the woodland. While always looking to enhance the woodland to provide additional habitats for the natural world. Everybody is welcome to come and enjoy the woodland and get involved in supporting the natural world.Read more
Our Community Works is a non-political group. We take an active role in developing and improving facilities for all age groups within the village and surrounding areas of Shelley and Shepley. Our aim is to restore and protect our fantastic history for future generations. The Trust is necessary to raise funds for existing and future […]Read more
A Facebook group for like-minded players of the mobile phone game Pokémon Go.Read more
A voluntary community group created to ‘make Linthwaite a better place to live’.Read more
We meet weekly to carry out different tasks around the location of Ravensthorpe.This can include litter picking, gardening and managing woodland areas.Read more
We are a mountain bike advocacy group, who aim to develop a network of off-road cycling trails and carry out bridleway maintenance. We are a group made up of riders with a variety of skills including environmental conservation and construction. We champion the Be Nice Say Hi campaign as well as the ‘Trash free trails’ […]Read more
A river charity that is passionate about making the River Holme a better place for people and wildlife. With the help of dedicated volunteers, we work to improve biodiversity, tackle invasive non-native species, clean up green spaces, educate people about the importance of river ecosystems and improve recreational opportunities for the whole community. We work […]Read more
Care and preservation of shared wild garden and green spaces including shared paths and roadways. Running a small members only shop to supply fertilizers and other goodsRead more
We are transforming 1000sqm plot to north of St Augustine’s Church, Scisset from an overgrown patch of ground into a community garden and orchard. So far we have layered the central hedge, completed most of the necessary tree work and started to improve access along defined paths. We are already growing vegetables & fruit in […]Read more