Almondbury Action is a voluntary community group which was set up in March 2019. Our aim is to involve local people in environmental clean-ups,litter picks and planting projects in order to improve our local area, support wildlife and bring the community together for a positive impact.Read more
To Find A GroupTo find a group simply click on an appropriate Category in the list below or a location in the right sidebar.
To Apply for MembershipGroups can apply for membership and on acceptance be added to the Directory for Free and can get involved in shaping the future of the Natural environment in Kirklees through partnerships with other groups. It is recommended that you have a formal constitution and this is a necessity should you wish to take advantage of our free public liability offering. Click here to Become a Member.
- a free public liability insurance scheme for full members;
- the ability to borrow tools from our two tool stores for all members;
- a frequent newsletter with information about funding, good news, training and other useful articles to help your group.
- quarterly meetings to share information, knowledge and resources with similar groups all across Kirklees.
Browse Interest Groups
- Batley (Batley East, Batley West)
- Birstall and Birkenshaw (Birstall, Birkenshaw)
- Colne Valley (Colne Valley, Golcar)
- Denby Dale (Denby Dale)
- Dewsbury (Dewsbury East, Dewsbury South, Dewsbury West)
- Holme Valley (Holme Valley North, Holme Valley South)
- Huddersfield North (Ashbrow, Greenhead and Lindley)
- Huddersfield South (Almondbury, Crosland Moor & Netherton, Dalton & Newsome)
- Spen Valley (Cleckheaton, Heckmondwike and Liversedge & Gomersal)
Become a member
Please complete this form to submit your group details to our online member directory. Become a member
Keep the woodland clean and tidy for the benefit of the local community, ensure as much as possible for the safety of dog walkers and others, reporting major problems to Kirklees. Work with Kirklees on specific projects as agreed with them. Cut back overgrown paths and overhanging tree growth, maintain path edgings and step risers, […]Read more
Almondbury Carnegie Library Friends Association(ALFA) is currently in the process of CAT of the library building in which we plan to hold variety of art, craft and wellbeing activities, groups and classes. Our building will be open for all members of community regardless of their religion, gender, age, abilities or disabilities, race and cultural background.Read more
Interested in wildlife of the area, birdwatching, rewilding, tree planting and preservation of green belt.Read more
Working closely with Kirklees Council to continue the care, upkeep and preservation of Batley Cemetery. Encourage the development of the cemetery as a place of historical interestRead more
Batley Community Alliance is an organization representing community and voluntary groups in the Batley area. The associated Gardening Group works in the town centre to maintain and improve the environment – planters, pavement areas and borders, the newly constructed Community Garden (in the Memorial Gardens)Read more
To create an ecologically diverse environment, encouraging wildlife to the garden and facilitating access for residents and groups from Birkby and the surrounding area for enjoyment and education.Read more
We aim to improve and care for all areas of our village. We now have recently formed a branch of BVA i.e The in Bloom group. We have an annual Christmas Lights display and maintain flower borders.Read more
Develop and maintain gardens, baskets, barrier planters in and around Birstall village.Read more
Volunteers living on the Bromley Park development look after the green open spaces on the development and have done so for the last several years. The development self funds from donations from the residentsRead more