Your Gateway To The Natural Green Spaces,
Waterways, Animals & Plants of Kirklees
Whatever your preference, wild space or park, hilltop or river bank, Kirklees has something to offer you.
Whether you want to get away for some peace and quiet, find somewhere new to play or discover more about how our wildlife continues to thrive in this traditional heart of industrial Britain, Natural Kirklees has what you need.
Natural Kirklees is a band of volunteer groups in the Huddersfield, Dewsbury, Batley and Holmfirth areas including our three river corridors of the Colne, Holme and Calder rivers who have come together to:
- Make all our natural areas more accessible to everyone for play, for pleasure, contemplation or exercise – whatever you choose.
- Increase and improve our knowledge of the many different landscapes in our local area as well as the animals, plants, fish, birds and insects that inhabit them.
- Make information about what is on their doorsteps more easily accessible to local residents.
- Provide information on our local environment to whoever needs it – public, voluntary groups, business, council or government.
- By working together and ensuring that we know what is happening in our local area we can better protect and conserve what we have and have a bigger, louder voice to influence decision makers.
- Work closely with Kirklees council to ensure the needs of the local authority and the residents are coordinated as closely as possible.